1.10.2012

2011 Reading Roundup

Writing Status: Procrastinating.

I read a ton of books in 2011. Since our public library reopened, I've been trying to catch up.

My favorites, offhand, were:

Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks
I love smart characters. This story looks a little incredulous at first, but it was real and heartfelt. Definitely a fave.

The Hollow Kingdom Trilogy by Clare Dunkle
Now one of my all-time favorite book series. I even got the first one for Christmas.

Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
I have a huge crush on Artemis, I'll admit.

Airman by Eoin Colfer
I am naming my first son Conor Broekhart.

Maximum Ride series by James Patterson
I finally got around to reading these. They were awesome, kickbutt, and funny.

The Thief Lord and Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
These definitely go on my all-time favorites list.

Gods of Manhattan by Scott Meebus
I'm a history and a fantasy buff. This married the two perfectly.

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
I want this book. I really do. The characters are great, and the writing is just as good.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Because who didn't love it?

Wings by Aprilynne Pike
I liked this because it combined science and fantasy beautifully.

Watersmeet by Ellen Jensen Abbott
I read the back of this book like a cheater, but still wanted to read the whole thing through. That is a good book, imo.

Simon Bloom, Gravity Keeper by Michael Reisman
Lots of Douglas Adams references. What more could you want?


Honorable Mentions:

Need by Carrie Jones
I'm waiting to see whether Zara ends up with Astley to deliver judgement on this series.

The Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter
She's an awesome writer and I stalk her agent, Kristen Nelson.

The Maze Runner by James Dashnell
I loved it for four-fifths of the book, but I couldn't get into the way he ended it. It just didn't make sense to me. Should've been a stand-alone. No Scorch, please.

Across the Universe by Beth Nevis
This book was too much of a psych-out for the favorites list, but I can't wait to read the sequel.

Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
It made me smile.

Wolven by Di Toft
ditto.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, etc., by Rick Riordan
I liked the books a lot better than the movie.

Michael Vey: Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans
I got this for Christmas and I've read four times already. I think it's on its way to being a favorite.

Also, I developed a taste for graphic novels of all things (I know, the horror). I blame Ultimate Spider-man and the Artemis Fowl graphic novels. And all the superhero movies that came out last year. (We bought three of them.) And this is nowhere near all the books I read, but I didn't want the list getting too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something :-P